6.01.2010

I'm Not a Liar


Barking, flopping around, doing flips, spewing saliva: all things I did today. Alright I'm kidding. But the sea lions sure did! And I had spent all day telling people how the sea lions had mysteriously disappeared from Pier 39, one hot spot at the bustling tourist mecca, Fisherman's Wharf. I had read this somewhere (like at http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/12/disappearing-sea-lions/) and my heart was broken because damn! those sea lions are cute. Fat and loud, but cute. I like to watch them knock each other off the floating wood (docks? mini piers?)

My reputation here in SF was forming swimmingly. What that reputation is, I'm not sure of, but now there's a little post-it on my rep that says: liar. Don't worry, people don't actually think I'm a full-out fibber, but when we arrived at the Wharves the sea lions were flopping and blubbering in all their glory. And here I thought I was delivering the news.

2 comments:

  1. Did you take this picture? It's a good one. I'm so glad to hear the sea lions are still at the Wharf after all, even if it does make my daughter a liar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did indeed take the picture. The camera is doing me well.

    ReplyDelete